April 26, 2014

Got Parasites?

Apparently, most people have some sort of parasites in their body. A healthy body has more good bacteria and a healthy working system to fight minor problems. But some parasites cause large problems and are worse than others. Apparently I just found out I have a parasite that is wreaking havoc inside me. (I wonder if I got it in Vietnam on my trip with school when I went swimming and remember swallowing water. Yuck.)

Some symptoms of having parasite problems
(found on mindbodygreen.com--you generally won't have all these symptoms, but some)
  • You traveled internationally and remember getting traveler’s diarrhea while abroad
  • You have a history of food poisoning and your digestion has not been the same since.
  • You have trouble falling asleep, or you wake up multiple times during the night.
  • You get skin irritations or unexplained rashes, hives, rosacea or eczema.
  • You experience fatigue, exhaustion, etc.
  • You rarely feel satisfied or full after your meals.
  • You've been diagnosed with iron-deficiency anemia.
  • You have an explained constipation, diarrhea, gas, or other symptoms of IBS
  • *I would add gurgly belly (specifically related to moon cycle, when parasites egg hatch...as disgusting as that sounds)

I found it interesting to know that some parasites infect your blood, nervous system, other ares, etc. If you want to understand more about the three types of parasites and where they cause problems in the body google it. I read the government site and some nutritional sites.
------

Anyway...there are things to implement in your life to help. Like staying away from foods that feed parasites, like simple carbohydates--sugars and dairy. And then adding in foods that don't create a hospitable environment for the parasites. These things listed below are things I've read on various sites that I am trying. So this information is to aid others who may have something, but not a totally solution.

Natural Things You Can Do...

  • Pumpkin seeds
  • raw garlic cloves
  • probiotics to boost good bacteria
  • Betamine HCL (digestive aid to help neutralize stomach acid)
  • homeopathic, specific for the parasite you have (I have one from Butterfly Express)
  • pomegranate juice, papaya, carrots and beets
  • eat more fiber
*side note for any interested: I recently have had gum recession that might lead to periodontitis if not controlled. I haven't wanted to take the antibiotic, because I feel it related to a deeper issue. After lots of searching, I came across a holistic dentist's site who explained that periodontitis is frequently related to the Amoeba parasite being in your blood and affects your lungs or colon too. It eats red blood cells. Hmmm! Very interesting! And if you look at this map of teeth being related to areas in the body, you can notice the lung/large intestine labelled teeth on the bottom is exactly where my issue is. So now I'm looking into that.

2 comments:

  1. So interesting! I love your research and your blog! Thanks fellow Alaskan. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I have the same dental problem! Ever since my pregnancy/baby those two back bottom teeth have gotten deeper "gum pockets" and have become sensitive by the gum line. Please let me know what you find out! -I'm a friend of Chantel's :)
    I also tend to feel hungry sooner than I think I should... Like eat a whole Chipotle burrito and be stuffed, but start to feel hungry an hour later... what?!?

    ReplyDelete