I watched this great video about how to eliminate acid from the body and why it is a big problem.
Here are some simple notes that help me check to make sure I'm taking care of all the areas that I need to in getting waste out of my body.
4 methods of body elimination:
1. Breathing--lungs (we would only last about four minutes if we didn't take in fresh oxygen and eliminate our carbon dioxide)
2. Urination--kidneys (if we don't urinate, the toxins leach into our connective tissues and fatty tissues)
3. Bowel movement--colon (at least once a day)
4. pores--skin/lymphatic... (Need to sweat it out)
December 23, 2013
December 7, 2013
After reading a very interesting book about water and a man's journey to document the water crystals when frozen, I was thinking a lot about the power of words--bad and good. The author of the Hidden Messages in Water had mentioned a rice experiment when he had said nice things to one jar of cooked rice and negative things to another identical jar of cooked rice. After a few weeks the nature of the rice had changed in the second jar with the negative words, but the jar with positive things said was still vibrant and beautiful. The author also said the same thing happened with other similar experiments in which rice wasn't used, but positive and negative things said to two identical things. What I got from the book was that words are powerful and that the greatest are love and gratitude--which he said were the most beautiful water crystals he has ever seen (and photographed) when he experimented with those two words and water. Those and many other crystals are documented with photos in his book. Very interesting!
My friend had also mentioned she'd heard of a lady who did this experiment. plus, I remembered something similar about the effects of various music styles played to plants in an experiment, when I was researching a writing paper on music, back in college my freshman year.
So...that said. Three times is a charm (how many times i'd heard about this stuff from varying sources). so I decided to take up the task and try my own experiment.
Here is the cooked rice in two jars. Both were treated exactly the same and just sat enclosed in the jar for a full month. We labelled one jar "thank you" and the other "stupid."
Ethan and Paul were so cute and felt so bad saying mean things that they frequently just glared and thought the words, instead of saying them. I however didn't feel bad saying "stupid rice, I hate you. You are ugly." And the like.... :) although eventually I did as a friend suggested and said "you stink" instead of stupid, because we don't use that word in our house and Ethan started saying it more once we got in the habit for the experiment. (Luckily he is back to not using it)
|Happy Thanksgiving...when we opened these.|
- So...what do you think?
- What are the effect of your words?
- Do you want to take up the trial and do your own version of this experiment?
- What negative words or thoughts do you harbor--towards others? or even towards yourself!
- Is it time to change negative thoughts and words... or try them out on this experiment and see if they have a real visible effect over time?
- If you have negative words, they first stem from negative thoughts.
- Thoughts are powerful. Don't limit yourself or others. You can be anything you put your mind to if you don't label yourself or accept others negative labels of you.
- Everyone has great potential. How can we praise and help others see theirs.
I hope that I can remember the power of words and thoughts...not just negative, but that we can use them to build up and beautify--to perfect things and people to a more perfect state...or the opposite (changing the nature of the thing or person to a state of glum and , wel....bloop like the rie. Hmmm.....
December 3, 2013
Here's a cool self-test and explanation for each chakra, so you can understand yourself better.
I copied and pasted this lady's website post about chakras because she's LDS, I've heard her speak a few times and she has been doing chakra energy work for 20+ years. She has developed a sensitivity to energy frequencies (as various areas of eastern medicine have). She can actually feel the energy from each area when she helps others with healing. (think of a food connoisseur developing their sense of taste...but hers is sense of frequency/vibration) This is her chart...
|found on google search|
- Helmet of Salvation
- Breastplate of Righteousness
- Loins girt with truth
- feet shod with Gospel of Peace
- Shield of faith
- Sword of Spirit/Word of God
- How do you release your emotions: prayer, journal, close friend, etc?
- What issues are you holding on to that can be cleared to help your chakras be balances and be most effective in bringing greater life to your whole body?
- If you don't know...ask Heavenly Father to help you see what you can work on to best have His light within you. :)
- Do we allow our children time to release and vent in good and appropriate ways or do we cut them off and stifle their emotional outlets?
- there are also chakra points that aren't energy centers in and of themselves--but are amplifiers of sorts--located in the palms of the hands and the feet! Interesting, huh?
- Idea for next topic study...spiritual armor
- Beam or mote in your eye? (maybe your "third eye" chakra?)
- LOVE and GRATITUDE are the two most essential qualities to develop