March 15, 2014

Goodreads: Mitten Strings for God

I am reading a great little book...
Mitten Strings for God: Reflections for Mothers in a Hurry


A few things I like about this book are...

  1. The author is somewhat poetic and a great storyteller in small, powerful pictures while being quite precise. I like that.
  2. It is broken down in many little segments--2 or 3 pages at a time--for mothers in a hurry who "don't have time" to sit and read a book. So it is a great long-term read, little by little. I kept it by my bedside and just read a section or two each night before bed.
  3. This is a good book to help us take inventory and gradually aid us in that process of discovering the beauty in a more simple and less-hurried life so we can slow down our ever-quickening pace. 
  4. There is lots to reflect on...so many little snippets hidden for me to uncover and take from it what I feel is needed for me at this time. In fact, that's why I'm making this post--to capture those notes, since I can't write in a library book.

Most women are in a hurry. And why? Society has created busy-ness. And most of the time is is for good things like developing talents, or giving service and being involved, etc...

But I think many women cling to society's busy-ness so much because it's easier to do what is already there and to fulfill others' needs that are clearly stated. But it takes so much more to stop and find creative and fulfilling solutions, which could help each person take time really getting to know themselves and their talents, or their childrens'.
  • Storytelling
  • Meditation
  • Quiet Time
  • Homemade Satisfaction
  • ....
.....................
I didn't finish all my notes, and therefore I'm sure I wont get as much out of this book at I originally wanted, since I've already forgotten some; But...if it sounds interesting, go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment