November 5, 2014

Examples of Good Books

I was typing this list in another post and it was getting too long, so I thought I'd start it here. But basically there are a lot of books in the world. Many of which are totally empty of value and character. I didn't realize how many garbage books there were that have no purpose except to take away your attention and time from other more awesome books you could've been reading. So...here are some good ones I like--definitely not comprehensive--just to whet the appetite. If you want more of my books I like and reviews...check out my Goodreads shelves...I've got a ton on there.

Wordless:
The Adventures of Polo (basically a wordless comic book)
Quest & Journey (adventures that left my son asking me to "read" it again)
The Snowman (a favorite from England)
Suzy Lee

Simple Illustrations
Not a Box
Rabbit/Duck (illustration looks like a rabbit, or a duck, depending how you see it)
Harold & the Purple Crayon
Potty

Interactive:
Press Here

Character:
Any Max Lucado: You Are Special, Just the Way You Are...etc.
Covey 7 Habits for Kids Series
A Fly Went By (being a problem solver)
Janeen Brady's Standing Tall Series (not all are amazing, but I love a few of them--on Youtube)
The Crayon Box That Talked
Did You Fill A Bucket Today?
The Giving Tree

Music & Movement (feel/experience while learning)
Zin Zin Zin! A Violin (poem with CD)
Peter & the Wolf (story with CD)
Do You Hear it? (with CD: listen to clip, look at art and move like you feel as a result)
Little Hands Fingerplay and Actions Songs
ABC Yoga

Art (empowering creativity)
Peter Reynolds: -Ish, The Dot, etc.
Look, Look, Look (how to analyze art...via a cute little mouse story)

Dr. Seuss (character and imagination)
Gerald McBoing Boing
Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are
Trouble Getting to Solla Sollew
Horton: Hatches an Egg or Hears a Who
Grinch Who Stole Christmas
Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories
Thudwick the Big-hearted Moose
Hooray for Diffendoofer Day
Oh The Places You'll Go
...so many more!!!

Classics Introduction
Shakespeare's Seasons (quotes to memorize from his plays that follow the seasons)
B&N Illustrated Classics for Kids Series
Peter & the Wolf (with CD)
Fun with Shakespeare for Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment