February 14, 2011

Two Homemade Dishwasher Soap Recipes

I've heard this works well in the dishwashing machine, but I haven't tried it yet, because we don't use ours often enough to use up our old stuff. When that's gone, then I'll try thins. Let me know what you think.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup liquid castile soap
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
3 drops tea tree oil
1/2 cup white vinegar

Method:
Stir all ingredients together until blended. Store in a squirt top bottle. Use 2 tablespoons per load of dishes, shake well before use.

*from www.greenlivingtips.com

---
or

1 cup borax
1 cup baking soda
1/4 cup salt (I just use whatever I have on hand, it doesn't matter if it's coarse or just regular table salt)
10-20 drops lemon or tea tree essential oil

I use 1 Tablespoon for a normal load of dishes, a little more for heavy loads. 

I also use white vinegar in my dishwashers rinse aide compartment, it's super cheap and my dishes come out with no water spots when I use it. 

*From Trista (Chantel's friend)

No comments:

Post a Comment