February 22, 2011

Reusable Bag Toy Box?

Ok, so when we moved, we had a leftover box that was the perfect size to fit in our cheap and broken bookshelf (but that's another story). So, instead of wasting $15 on buying two of those cute little boxes for cubby shelves, I pulled out two reusable cloth grocery bags I had laying around and cut off one side of each and sewed them together.They happened to be the perfect fit. Then I cut off the handles from the top and sewed two little side handle things on the front. And voila! A simple and subtle toy box on our living room bottom shelf for Ethan to enjoy. Plus it's convenient to just pull off and wash. (I can't say the inside looks that pretty: A) I'm not a real sew-er, and B) I didn't really know what I was doing) But from the outside it looks just dandy, and that's all that really matters.
Classy creativity on a dime.




No comments:

Post a Comment